b-hebrew - Re: BR)$YT, the continuing saga.

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Jason A. Hare" <language_lover64801 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: BR)$YT, the continuing saga.
  • Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 22:20:17 -0500

I just thought I might add another thought on this issue [re: God creating
earth, or not creating it, as THW].

What if Isaiah is talking in specific to the dry land (yabasha)? It
states in Genesis 1.10:

WYQR' 'LHYM LYB$H 'RC
"God called the dry ground (yabasha) earth (eretz)"

Isaiah states that God did not create the earth THW, but if it is
referring to the subsequent calling forth of the yabasha, then even that
statement is justifiable with /creatio ex nihilo/.

[I still think BR'$YT should be an adverbial phrase, answering "when?"
;-)]

Shalom,
Jason