b-hebrew - RE: TaL formative

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Trevor & Julie Peterson" <06peterson AT cua.edu>
  • To: "Jason A. Hare" <language_lover64801 AT yahoo.com>, "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Cc: <parousia_occ AT yahoo.com>
  • Subject: RE: TaL formative
  • Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 06:01:39 -0500

If you can get your hands on a copy of Jouon & Muraoka's Grammar, check
paragraph 88L, sections d-n. (Paragraph 88, on noun patterns, is the longest
in the two-volume grammar.) It has a lot more to say about form than about
semantics, but it's worth looking at. Chap. 5 of W-O'C does discuss noun
patterns, but you're right--it's not in much detail. When I worked on noun
patterns with O'Connor, he had us check W-O'C (briefly), GKC, J-M, and a
German grammar (Meyer, I think). The two most helpful were GKC and J-M.

Trevor Peterson
CUA/Semitics

  • RE: TaL formative, Trevor & Julie Peterson, 03/26/2002