b-hebrew - RE: Psalm 2:12 and Proverbs 31 ben/bar

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Dave Washburn" <dwashbur AT nyx.net>
  • To: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Psalm 2:12 and Proverbs 31 ben/bar
  • Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 08:36:06 -0700

It should be pointed out that Dahood was severely criticized for his
dependence on Ugaritic in his Psalms commentary, and most of his
renderings have not been generally accepted. This says nothing
about the merits of this particular reading, of course, but it's
something that should be kept in mind when consulting him.