b-hebrew - Biblical Hebrew and Arabic

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Yard, John" <syjy0 AT ais.ucla.edu>
  • To: "weismann" <weismann AT fibertel.com.ar>, "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Biblical Hebrew and Arabic
  • Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 10:05:26 -0800

I 'd be interested also; Hans Wehr
doesn't cut it . JYard

-----Original Message-----
From: weismann [mailto:weismann AT fibertel.com.ar]
Sent: Monday, March 11, 2002 3:27 AM
To: Biblical Hebrew
Subject: Re: Biblical Hebrew and Arabic

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jack Stewart" <jack_stewart_ AT hotmail.com>
To: "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
Sent: Sunday, March 10, 2002 6:35 AM

> Hello -
>
> I was wondering if anyone on the list would be able to recommend any
> resources (including dictionaries, grammars, vocabulary lists etc.) which
> compare Biblical Hebrew and Arabic (and particularly, Qur'anic Arabic). I
> am interested in all possible parallels between the languages.
>
> Many thanks!
>
> Jack Stewart
>
> Oxford, UK
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to b-hebrew as: [weismann AT fibertel.com.ar]
> To unsubscribe, forward this message to
$subst('Email.Unsub')
> Hello,

There're some bibliographical tools about the subject you're interested: it
is not complicated to search, for example, in the catalogues ( on line and
thematic) of Walter de Gruyter Publishers.

I remind myself now of a introductory book ( IU supposed you know it) edited
by S. Moscati, E. Ullendorff , etc : I have no the book now at hand but the
title is something like "Introduction to the Comparative Semitic Languages":
it's a basic book , easy to find also and it offers a very important
synthesis of the grammatical affinities and differences between Hebrew,
Arabic and other Semitic Languages.

Of course there are more references.

With my very best wishes,

F. J. Weismann

weismann AT fibertel.com.ar

---
You are currently subscribed to b-hebrew as: [syjy0 AT smtp.ais.ucla.edu]