b-hebrew - RE: Qames or Qames-Hatuph

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Lisbeth S. Fried" <lizfried AT umich.edu>
  • To: "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Qames or Qames-Hatuph
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 09:03:44 -0500

I think Randall is right, and it also explains why the issue
rarely came up for me in my study of biblical Hebrew.
I studied *modern* Hebrew first, way before I ever began
to study Biblical Hebrew. I learned the pattern of the vowels
just as part of the language without the nikudot.
But I should learn the rules, if I'm going to teach the stuff.
lIz