b-hebrew - RE: Aftermath of virus

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Dave Washburn" <dwashbur AT nyx.net>
  • To: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Aftermath of virus
  • Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2001 09:09:03 -0700

Over the past 2 weeks I have gotten about 20 copies of this virus a
day. It seems to be slowing down now, and Norton Antivirus
caught it every time. But I use Pegasus Mail, which provides an
extra layer of protection against such things anyway. It's only in
programs like Outlook (Express) that tend to automatically open
attachments depending on how they're structured, that just opening
the message will propagate it. Yet another reason to avoid
Microsoft. If it's not possible to migrate to Linux, Pegasus is an
excellent mail client for dealing with this sort of thing.

> I use Outlook and Internet Explorer.
> I also have Norton Virus Dectectors which I update weekly.
> The Norton caught every instance (Baruch YHWH) and none
> got through.
> Liz

Dave Washburn
http://www.nyx.net/~dwashbur
This time, like all times, is a very good one if we but know what to do with
it.
-Emerson