b-hebrew - Re:Did Moses Speak Attic?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: c stirling bartholomew <cc.constantine AT worldnet.att.net>
  • To: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re:Did Moses Speak Attic?
  • Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2001 13:22:57 -0800

Walter wrote:

> I have the book, Did Moses Speak Attic ? It DOES NOT address the claim that
> the Greek written Septuagint was the first bible and that the Hebrew is a
> later version of a Greek original.

I took a look at this volume when I was at the SPU lib Thursday and Walter
is right. The title of the book has very little to do with the contents of
the book. I spent some time sampling the articles.

Decades and decades after the lights were turned off in the Historical
Criticism establishment, there are still people hiding inside the building
sitting on bare floors in empty rooms and talking to one another. This book
is a record of some of those conversations.

Didn't bother to bring the book home. Less there than meets the eye.

Clay

--
Clayton Stirling Bartholomew
Three Tree Point

  • Re:Did Moses Speak Attic?, c stirling bartholomew, 11/17/2001