b-hebrew - Re: Massorites

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "kymsabq" <kymsabq AT yahoo.com>
  • To: <BNisw AT aol.com>, "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Massorites
  • Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2001 14:39:15 -0700

Greetings List,

Further bibliography of interest in Massorah studies that I have use of here in my personal library includes:

_Das Buch Ochlah W'ochlah_ by Dr. S. Frensdorff

_Die Massora Magna_ by Prof. Dr. S. Frensdorff

Be forewarned that these volumes are in German.

These books and the others that I have made mention of in my previous post on this subject can sometimes be found via searches at http://www.bookfinder.com .  In fact, there was 3 of the 4 volumes of Ginsburg's Massorah available there just yesterday.

Brent Emery had made mention to me of the Massorah by Ginsburg being made available via Dabar Bible Tools, which could previously be found at http://www.massorah.com and http://www.dabarbibletools.com , but it appears that the web site is no longer in existence.

As an aside, the collation of the Massorah by Ginsburg was used in the preparation of the Companion Bible by E.W. Bullinger and the Emphasized Bible by Joseph Bryant Rotherham, both of which I make use of in my studies and teaching ministry.

I hope that this information is a blessing to someone,
kymsabq