b-hebrew - RE: Isaiah 40:26

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: GregStffrd AT aol.com
  • To: <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Cc: <alanf00 AT home.com>
  • Subject: RE: Isaiah 40:26
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 18:59:27 EDT

In a message dated Thu, 19 Jul 2001 10:54:42 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
alanf00 AT home.com writes:

> I'd like to thank everyone for their comments regarding my question about
> the proper translation of Isaiah 40:26.
> Since the topic is still ongoing and many participants may be on holiday,
> I'll reserve comments until later.

Alan,

I was not aware of any ongoing aspect of this thread, or that any
participants' holiday schedule had gotten in the way of their being able to
address comments made previously. But since you have brought this issue back
up, let us by all means pursue it.

What comments do you have about the issue which you say you are holding for a
later time? Can you share them now? I am sure those of us not on holiday
would like to comment.

On a somewhat related subject, and in response to a List-member's earlier
questions, you wrote, in part:

> The following list of translators is a compilation from a variety of
> sources:

Before I comment on some of the things you mentioned, can you please give us
a complete listing of the sources from which you gathered your material?

Thank you.

Greg Stafford

  • RE: Isaiah 40:26, alanf00, 07/19/2001
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • RE: Isaiah 40:26, GregStffrd, 07/19/2001