b-hebrew - Biblical Hebrew - LaSor

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Darren A. Starks" <Data1129 AT aol.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Biblical Hebrew - LaSor
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 16:07:06 -0400

In a message dated 7/10/01 10:00:32 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
kian_hebrew AT yahoo.com writes:

I have an old copy of 'Handbook of Biblical Hebrew' by William Sanford
LaSor (2 volumes). He taught Hebrew by inductive process, using Ruth. This
method was based on his experience in teaching Hebrew at Fuller Seminary.

Has anybody had experience in using this Handbook? Is it suitable for a
beginner? Is it good using an inductive approach in studying hebrew ?
Thanks for the advice or comment.

Djie Kian

Hi, I would also like to hear what some think of this book for beginners
and the inductive approach of LaSor's Grammar.

Thanks,
Darren Starks :-)