b-hebrew - re: Hebrew Study and Liberal Arts

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Randall Buth <ButhFam AT compuserve.com>
  • To: Kenneth Hoglund <hoglund AT wfu.edu>
  • Cc: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: re: Hebrew Study and Liberal Arts
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 18:21:22 -0400

shalom Kenneth,

I'd like to respond at more length sometime. It is a good question.
I think that a side question that comes with it is the methodology
in how Hebrew is taught.
Biblical Hebrew/Hebrew should be taught as
a living/communicating language so that the whole history and
development of the language and the culture from the prophets to
the rabbis can be appreciated.

I'll have a website up in September on "BiblicalUlpan.org" with
more along these lines.

Blessings,
Randall Buth, PhD
Rothberg International School