b-hebrew - Eden's Trees

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Walter Mattfeld" <mattfeld AT mail.pjsnet.com>
  • To: "b-hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Eden's Trees
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2001 23:02:56 +0200

Available at my website is the following article (if interested, click on
the url in my signature and navigate to the OT Menu)

"The Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil and the Tree of Life in the Garden
of Eden (The Ancient Near Eastern Motifs behind)"

Genesis opens with the story of God's having planted a garden in the East
called Eden. He evidently places two trees within this garden, one is the
Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil, the other is the Tree of Life. This
brief article will explore the Ancient Near Eastern motifs and concepts
lying behind Genesis' portrayal of the events.

All the best, Walter

Walter Reinhold Warttig Mattfeld
Walldorf by Heidelberg
Baden-Wurttemburg, Germany
http://bibleorigins.homestead.com/index.html

  • Eden's Trees, Walter Mattfeld, 07/07/2001