b-hebrew - RE: cafe taHat soda

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Liz Fried" <lizfried AT umich.edu>
  • To: "Randall Buth" <ButhFam AT compuserve.com>
  • Cc: "B-Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: cafe taHat soda
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 08:19:59 -0400

Interesting!
People said I should have said bmiqom.
I don't see how I was offering any fewer textual
cues than the sentence you quoted.
Actually, the sentence you quote uses taHat in the
same way as the biblical usage when one king replaced
another. It refers to actions that have taken place in the past,
or have been decided in the past.
Is that correct, does the word require this type of usage?
Thanks for your post.
Liz