b-hebrew - RE: Is this a rock or not? I Would like to know (Charles)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Dan Wagner <Dan.Wagner AT datastream.net>
  • To: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Is this a rock or not? I Would like to know (Charles)
  • Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 19:24:08 -0500

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Charles David Isbell [mailto:cisbell AT home.com]
> Sent: Sunday, February 18, 2001 12:44
> To: Biblical Hebrew
> Subject: Re: Is this a rock or not? I Would like to know

[HUGE SNIP of many things about Dan Wagner & his views]

> own. How could he realistically change his views in the light of new
> evidence, regardless of what it might be, if his view comes
> from God to
> begin with! If I attended his church, I would anticipate
> having such views
> preached at me. In a forum of scholars seeking to exchange
> information and
> resources, such evangelism is inappropriate.
>
> Shalom,
> Charles David Isbell

Charles,

Since this post was not directed to me, and since this is for discussion of
B-Hebrew rather than any individual list member, i'll reply only by saying
you should consider that you are making a lot of assumptions throughout your
post based upon things you cannot verify. We can all learn from each
other--at least on some level (even if sometimes it's negatively!)--and i've
been a member of this list for several years before i even entered the
discussion with any frequency.

Dan Wagner

  • RE: Is this a rock or not? I Would like to know (Charles), Dan Wagner, 03/02/2001