b-hebrew - re: begin-title/end-title

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "David Stabnow" <dstabno AT lifeway.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: re: begin-title/end-title
  • Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 08:08:38 -0600

On 2/1/01 at 7:20 Banyai Michael wrote, in part:
> So we should assume that this text in Numbers is quoting an original
> independent document, formerly written on a separate roll.

That would be a reasonable explanation for Num 34:2-12, and also looks like
a very good explanation of Lev 14. But it is a little confusing why the
writer of Num 34 would use one document for the southern, western, and
eastern border, but embed a separate document for the northern border in
vv. 7-9.

Dave Stabnow