b-hebrew - Re: virgin: _BETHULAH_ and/or _(ALMAH_

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Raymond de Hoop <rdehoop AT tref.nl>
  • To: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: virgin: _BETHULAH_ and/or _(ALMAH_
  • Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2001 11:04:26 +0100

Dave Washburn <dwashbur AT nyx.net> wrote on 31-01-2001 20:37:

> I get the extinct feeling that this entire topic has degenerated into
> several people talking right past one another...

Hallo Dave!
Well, apparently this one is for me. In case you do not like responses to
your contributions to the list, add that information to you messages. So we
can ignore your messages safely.
And if you want to skip the discussion on lexicography of the Hebrew word
(lmh and Ugaritic Glmt, to jump to the conclussion that it has to mean
"virgin" feel free. But do not answer my messages in that case.

In each case, I'm off too.

Raymond

Dr Raymond de Hoop Tel.: ++31 50 553 0115
Boeiersingel 11
NL-9745 CA Groningen
The Netherlands E-mail: rdehoop AT tref.nl