b-hebrew - Re: Q? Chronicles?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Jim West <jwest AT highland.net>
  • To: decaen AT chass.utoronto.ca (Vincent DeCaen)
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Q? Chronicles?
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 10:13:41 -0500

At 10:07 AM 1/30/01 -0500, you wrote:
>hi folks,
>
>anyone out there getting into Chronicles in a big way? be interested to
>know. seems to me there is a new wave coming according greater respect to
>C's sources and historical accuracy. what's doing in this area?

since wellhausen the chronicler has suffered neglect.

>also, is there a good synoptic reference guide to the paralles in C and
>samuel-kings? and maybe C and the LXX?

do you read german? theres an excellent synopsis published in germany
(using the hebrew texts of course but all the other stuff is in german).

Juergen Kegler and Matthias Augustin- Synopse zum Chronistischen
Geschichtswerk
Peter Lang Verlag 1991.

best,

jim

Jim West, ThD
Adjunct Professor of Bible, Quartz Hill School of Theology
Adjunct Professor of Ancient Near Eastern Studies, Hudson College

http://web.infoave.net/~jwest