b-hebrew - RE: BHS

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Peter Kirk" <Peter_Kirk AT sil.org>
  • To: "Jim West" <jwest AT highland.net>
  • Cc: <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: BHS
  • Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 00:03:26 -0500

Not quite what I would be looking for, as I would want the pointed text,
preferably with cantillations as well, and you are offering only the
unpointed text. (Actually I have these already, but unfortunately I cannot
share them.)

But your site is a step forward. I can even get it to display properly with
Internet Explorer 5 with its automatically downloaded standard Hebrew
support - but only if I manually select Encoding - Hebrew (ISO Visual) (I
got it right third time out of four possibilities). This would be automatic
if you marked the language encoding properly in the HTML, surely. And I know
that the font I get on the screen (David) can correctly display pointing
(vowels etc, not cantillation). So can you get us those vowel points?

Peter Kirk