b-hebrew - RE: Ur-Text of Esther

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Liz Fried" <lizfried AT umich.edu>
  • To: "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Ur-Text of Esther
  • Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 20:54:29 -0500

Dear Brian,
I noticed that there is now a book on the subject
of the A or Alpha text (AT).
It is "The end of the Alpha Text of Esther:
Translation and Narrative Technique in MT 8:1-17,
LXX 8:1-17, and AT 7:14-41.
It is by Kristin de Troyer, and published by Scholars Press.
I haven't read it, but she seems to cover the same material
I cover in my article.
Best,
Liz