b-hebrew - Re: 3800 YEAR OLD ALPHABET FOUND INTACT....

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Wrinsewind AT aol.com
  • To: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: 3800 YEAR OLD ALPHABET FOUND INTACT....
  • Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 03:54:20 EDT

Mr Washburn has, in defence of his positions, shown himself to be
scholarly and thorough. Much of what he has said has been beyond my sparse
knowledge of the subject matter. Using words such as "orthographic", he has
me constantly reaching for my dictionary, and siting such an extensive
bibliography, I doubt I should find any of his sources in any nearby library.
( I probably have the most extensive hebrew library in my town, consisting of
the BDB and the Tanach.)

So, when I saw that he had responded to this particular post, I opened
his message with trepidation, waiting to read his brilliant and erudite
assessment. I found his analysis of the photo insightful. I would tend to
agree with him. However, I was disappointed, because, like so much of what he
has said, the conclusions he reached in the rest of his post I could not
follow. Such as how any "affiliations," in and of themselves, render
someone's findings ... well, whatever he was trying to render them. Also,
the "thing" that is being tried, how does it differ from someone like himself
studying, coming to conclusions and publishing the findings. Like an eager
student sitting at the feet of the master, I await enlightenment. What, pray,
tell, are the "similar affiliations?" And what is the "thing" that is being
tried?

Lance Petersen