b-hebrew - RE: Aging and the Elderly

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Bill Ross" <wross AT farmerstel.com>
  • To: "'irene riegner'" <iriegner AT concentric.net>, "'Biblical Hebrew'" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Aging and the Elderly
  • Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2000 09:55:40 -0500

<Irene>
Out of curiosity: Has any work been done on aging and the treatment of the
elderly in the Hebrew texts?

<Bill>
I have no idea, but I just want to mention the account of Naomi and her
disloyal daughter, Orpah, and her loyal daughter, Ruth. A friend pointed out
that they stood at the crossroads together. Orpah took one road, while Ruth
took the road with her mother. It was "well with her" as the command
promises concerning honoring parents.

As a result, my friend has focused her ministry to the elderly under the
operating description of "taking the Ruth Road".

Bill Ross

  • Re: Aging and the Elderly, irene riegner, 07/01/2000
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • RE: Aging and the Elderly, Bill Ross, 07/01/2000