b-hebrew - Bar Article

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Brent Lynn Emery" <BRENT.LYNN.EMERY AT prodigy.net>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Bar Article
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 18:00:21 -0700

In the Jan/Feb issue of Biblical Archeology Review (1983) R. David Freedman wrote an article titled "Woman, a power equal to man" in which he dealt with the phrase "ezer kenedgo" in Genesis 2:18. I am wondering if there have been serious challenges to his translation or has it received widespread acceptance? Anyone who has read the article please give me your viewpoint!  Shalom, Brent Emery

  • Bar Article, Brent Lynn Emery, 06/26/2000