b-hebrew - Re: Re. Jericho's Anomalies

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Kirk Lowery" <kelowery AT cs.com>
  • To: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Re. Jericho's Anomalies
  • Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 08:29:42 -0400

<sound of referee's whistle>

Ok, time out! Let's all take a deep breath, re-read our forum's "rules of
engagement" and relax.

Let me suggest that we grant to one another the best of motives, and work
toward mutual respect, even if agreement on historical/archaeological issues
seems impossible. Contempt for the other person (and their views) only sheds
heat -- and no light! -- on the subject. Which is why the rules of netiquette
were forumlated in the first place! These rules, by the way, are not original
with us, but are the result of years of flame-war experience on the USENET
newsgroups. They are not arbitrary!

This thread may continue, but only if participants moderate their tone!

<"Play ball!">

Blessings,

Kirk
B-Hebrew Co-chair
Kirk E. Lowery, Ph.D. Email: KELowery AT cs.edu
Associate Director Phone: 215-572-3854
The Westminster Hebrew Institute Fax: 215-887-5404
Westminster Theological Seminary
P.O. Box 27,009
Philadelphia, PA 19118

  • Re. Jericho's Anomalies, John Ronning, 05/30/2000
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: Re. Jericho's Anomalies, Kirk Lowery, 05/31/2000