b-hebrew - Re: dropping the vowel points, or, how do I get to Modern Hebrew??

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Jerry Blaz <ffdog AT earthlink.net>
  • To: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: dropping the vowel points, or, how do I get to Modern Hebrew??
  • Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 21:02:12 -0800

There is one thing you can do on the web. Ha-aretz newspaper publishes six
days a week on the web in English and in (unpointed) Hebrew. While the
English is not always perfect, you can download to print the parallel
Hebrew and English stories until you reach the point where you are no
longer dependent upon the English versions. Here is the English version
website:

http://www3.haaretz.co.il/eng/htmls/1_1.htm

Here is the Hebrew version website:

http://www.haaretz.co.il/daily/index.asp

You can't learn to swim without getting wet.

Jerry Blaz

At 04:30 AM 2/29/00 -0500, you wrote:
>I'm at the end of my second year of BH in graduate school, and I'd like to
make the transition
>both to unvocalized texts and to modern Hebrew as expeditiously [and
painlessly?] as possible.
>I'd love to have any suggestions those on the list might offer. Also,
have any of you used
>Muraoka's Modern Hebrew for Biblical Scholars?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Jane Harper
>
>---
>You are currently subscribed to b-hebrew as: ffdog AT earthlink.net
>To unsubscribe, forward this message to
$subst('Email.Unsub')
>To subscribe, send an email to join-b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu.

Jerry Blaz Member of IOBA/a mark of online trustworthiness
The BOOKie Joint mail-order
7248 Reseda Blvd. P.O.Box 572168
Reseda, CA 91335 Tarzana, CA 91357
(818)345-2983/(818)343-1055 ffdog AT earthlink.net

Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
G. Marx