b-hebrew - RE: Tadmor

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Niels Peter Lemche <npl AT teol.ku.dk>
  • To: "'b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu'" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Tadmor
  • Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 23:00:06 +0100

Dear Dave,

Ice that flames are not cut out in advance. My anti-biblical attitude? It
sucks. You simply tell people that you is pro-Bible because you believe in
it in a literal way, are you not, and are you not saying at the same time
that all other people who do not share your ideas are anti-Bible. Good
grief, I am happy that we do not see that kind of things on Jim West's new
list.

The essence of my message is that people have been moving around with places
even since archaeology started to make the biblical history break down. It
has happened for more than a century and it continues to do. So if there is
no Tadmor, it must be in another place, if there is no Jerusalem, it must be
some other place, if there is no Bethel when Joshua came, it must be in
another place, if Joshua did not conquer Ai because the place was not
inhabited after c. 2300 BCE, it must be in another place. How many times do
you think it will wordl? How many people outside your own community do you
think that you can persuade. And now I suppose that Lewis will put an end to
this. Because you were attacking my way of understanding the Bible, i.e my
religion, while I was showing you to be using faulty methodology.

NPL