b-hebrew - Re: Off topic: bibliography software

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Loren Crow" <lorencrow AT earthling.net>
  • To: "Lee R. Martin" <lmartin AT vol.com>
  • Cc: "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Off topic: bibliography software
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 13:44:40 -0600

I have used the mac version of EndNote for many years and experimented with the Windows version upon (unwillingly!) getting a Windows OS computer last year for my wife.  EndNote is quite a good program, although I had to define the JBL format myself.  It's easy enough to do with EndNote, though, that it didn't constitute a real problem.  I also got a trial version of Library Master at the annual meeting, and liked it all right, but not for the money.  The user interface was not as good as EndNote for multiple-language stuff.  In particular, LM doesn't seem to have the ability to display multiple languages in a single title, for example, having a Hebrew word as part of an English-language title, which EndNote can do.  I haven't found any bibliographic database that really meets my needs, but so far EndNote seems better.  Also, FWIW, EndNote has been around a long time and has consistently provided upgrades and support for its product.

All the best,
Loren

Loren D. Crow, Ph.D.
Department of Religion
Wiley College
711 Wiley Avenue
Marshall, Texas 75670
VOX: (903) 927-3219
FAX: (903) 927-3336
lorencrow AT earthling.net
http://www.texramp.net/~lorencrow

The unexamined life is not worth living.

- Socrates