b-hebrew - Re: Dating the Exodus

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Peter Kirk"<peter_kirk AT sil.org>
  • To: <mattfeld AT mail.pjsnet.com>
  • Cc: <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Dating the Exodus
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 18:58:15 -0500

The "orthodox chronology" dates cited by David Rohl (for dynasties
11-20) are taken from Kitchen's "low" chronology in "The Basics of
Egyptian Chronology in Relation to the Bronze Age", in P. Astrom
(ed.), "High, Middle or Low?" part 1 (Gothenburg 1987), pp.37-55. Rohl
chooses Kitchen's dating as he interacts mainly with Kitchen's data on
the Third Intermediate Period. Of course Rohl's own dating is much
later still.

Peter Kirk