b-hebrew - Re: historiography (Ken, again)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Numberup AT worldnet.att.net
  • To: "Jonathan D. Safren" <yonsaf AT beitberl.beitberl.ac.il>
  • Cc: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: historiography (Ken, again)
  • Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2000 13:43:55 -0800

I agree. So much has already been discovered by archaeologists that might
not have
been found at all, except that it was written in the Bible. And I think
that, in the
main, Biblical historiography is at least as well-attested as much of the
ancient
history that we take for granted. Who knows what corroborating bits and
pieces of
history a new century, with improved means and methods of discovery, might
produce?

Solomon Landers
Memra Institute for Biblical Research
http://www.memrain.org