b-hebrew - 4 Misc. Questions

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Joseph Brian Tucker" <music AT riverviewcog.org>
  • To: b-hebrew
  • Subject: 4 Misc. Questions
  • Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 16:45:1

Greetings

1. I am looking for some bibliography on the 3 letter reconstructions being
artifical in BH roots. If the first two radicals are the same and the third
is different but are connected words isn't the 3 letter root concept
forced?

2. What term do you use for the vav reversive? Just, a simple vav or
anything else?

3. I am a little unhappy with HINN"H being referred to as a "predicator of
existence." Kittle, 44. I thought the predicator of existence was Y"$ and
the predicator of non-existence )"YN? Any suggestions for clarifying Kittle
here?

4. Is the first person pronoun )FNOKIY related to the Akkadian first
person pronoun? "anaku"? Do you have in bibliography on it?

Thanks
Brian Tucker
music AT riverviewcog.org
Riverview, MI