b-hebrew - Gen 26:13

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Dave Washburn" <dwashbur AT nyx.net>
  • To: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Gen 26:13
  • Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 09:13:49 -0700

Friends,
In Gen 26:13 we seem to have a rogue weqatal, W:GFD"L. The
two preceding clauses are both wayyiqtol, the following one
(subordinated with a preposition) is qatal. I can't see any reason
why a weqatal would be between these. BHS suggests repointing
to W:GFDOL to make conjunction + adjective, but I'm not so sure.
It looks to me like this may be an example of qatal with the simple
conjunction rather than a weqatal, but I'm wondering what others
think. How does your approach to the verb system treat this word?

Thanks,

Dave Washburn
http://www.nyx.net/~dwashbur
"Ich veranlassenarbeitenworken mein Mojo."