b-hebrew - Re: Biblical Hebrew Kittel, Hoffer & Wright

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Bryan Rocine" <brocine AT earthlink.net>
  • To: "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Biblical Hebrew Kittel, Hoffer & Wright
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 20:51:16 -0400

Dear Brian,
you wrote:

> Greetings
>
> I will be using _Biblical_Hebrew_A_Text_and_Workbook_ by
Bonnine Pedrotti
> Kittel, Vicki Hoffer, and Rebecca Abts Wright, this fall:
>
> Have others on the list taught from this book recently?
What are the
> strengths and weaknesses from your experience. Do you have
any pedagogical
> hints as this book is used for teaching beginners?

I love the book and used it for a couple years. It's fun!
It has been very influential in style and method of
organization on my own work. I disagree with their view of
the verb theoretically and their neglect in teaching more
about pragmatics. Otherwise, it's a year well-spent, IMO.

Shalom,
Bryan

B. M. Rocine
Associate Pastor