b-hebrew - Re: An odd question

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: mjoseph <mjoseph AT terminal.cz>
  • To: "b-Hebrew Digest" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: An odd question
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jan 99 23:17:42 -0000

Dr. Jim West wrote:

>never heard tell of such. if its true what we would have would be a bunch
>of grunting gesticulating children pointing at things and saying "food",
>"bunny", "toy" and thats about it.
>
>Who propounds such a genuinely stupid idea dave?

Just a guess, but might it not be the same gang who think the entire
Hebrew Bible is a Hasmonean political tract, written in the second half
of the 2nd century BC? The relation between the two groups might seem
distant at first glance, but the two theories are joined together by the
fact that both are, and I quote, "genuinely stupid."

Mark Joseph

There are two kinds of fools:
The first says, "This is old, therefore it is good."
The other says, "This is new, therefore it is better."