b-hebrew - Re: BHS Accents

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Lewis Reich" <LBR AT sprynet.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: BHS Accents
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jul 1998 01:43:01 -0400

On 8 Jul 98, at 13:49, Kelly McGrew wrote:

> I don't know about "gazillions" of accents, but the trup (or
> cantillation)
> marks are clearly evident in the MacBible product from Zondervan. Macs can
> generally be had pretty cheap right now, so pick one up to run your program
> on. It's not that expensive as I recall either.
>
> Alternatively, you could get the Soncino Classics Collection from
> Davka
> for $589. It includes the complete Tanach, Talmud, Midrash Rabbah, and
> Zohar, in both Hebrew/Aramaic and English. For more information see:
>
> http://www.davka.com/socoll.html

I believe that the much more inexpensive ( ~ $50) Judaic Classic Library II
(which includes only the Tanakh and Rashi and an English translation), also
from Davka, also containes the trup.

Lewis Reich
LBR AT sprynet.com

  • BHS Accents, Kelly McGrew, 07/08/1998
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: BHS Accents, Lewis Reich, 07/08/1998