anima - [Anima Dance] wabi-sabi project and profitraining

anima@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Anima Dance

  • From: "Rachel Brooker" <brooker.rachel@gmail.com>
  • To: "anima dance" <anima@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Anima Dance] wabi-sabi project and profitraining
  • Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 13:47:37 +0200

Hi All-
I am teaching Profitraining at Tanzfabrik September 25-29, 10-11:30. Come!

Yoga classes continue 8:00 wednesdays, Panta Rhei Studios, Chorinerstr. 52.

Release technique (intermediate) continues 12:15 tuesday and
thursdays, K77 Studios, Kastanienallee 77.

*****AND I'm looking for dancers and other artists for a new piece to
be performed in Berlin. More info follows. With interest or questions
email brooker.rachel@gmail.com, or visit www.animadance.org. Please
contact me as well if you are interested in producing or hosting a
performance of the finished work.*****

To unsubscribe from this list, visit
http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/anima.

Rachel

TEA

"Things wabi-sabi are usually small and compact, quiet and
inward-oriented. They beckon- get close, touch, relate. They inspire a
reduction of the psychic distance between one thing and another thing;
between people and things."

-- Leonard Koren

Dancers and other artists and designers wanted for a collaborative
performance project based on the wabi-sabi aesthetic. Please be
interested in going deeply into the creative process and giving part
of yourself to the project. Performance dates not yet set, perhaps in
the winter, definitely in Berlin. Currently a non-funded project. The
plan is to start off with a research period in which we can get to
know each other better before dancers need to make a definite
commitment to the project.

For more on wabi-sabi, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wabi-sabi (or
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wabi-Sabi in German and much more
extensive) is not a bad place to start.

For more information on me and previous projects, visit
www.animadance.com or email me, brooker.rachel@gmail.com.

Please contact me if you are interested for more detailed information
and to be added to my "people who are actually interested" mailing
list.

Rachel

  • [Anima Dance] wabi-sabi project and profitraining, Rachel Brooker, 09/11/2006