aifia-pt - [AI] Senior Interaction Designer / Mobile Location Based Services

aifia-pt AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Arquitetura da Informação (em Português)

  • From: Robson Santos <interfaceando AT gmail.com>
  • To: Arquitetura da Informação (em Português) <AIfIA-pt AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [AI] Senior Interaction Designer / Mobile Location Based Services
  • Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2011 13:51:57 -0300

PARA QUEM DESEJA CARREIRA INTERNACIONAL:

Senior Interaction Designer / Mobile LBS
Position Description:
Nokia is a pioneer in mobile telecommunications and the world's
leading maker of mobile devices. We want to hire an outstanding senior
user experience designer to join our Mobile Phones Services (MPS)
design team based in Berlin, Germany.

Our Mobile Phones division ships over a million devices a day
worldwide, especially in regions like India, China, South-East Asia,
Africa and Latin America. MPS delivers a range of innovative services
to engage these mobile phone users, from information subscriptions for
agriculture, healthcare and education, to proxy-web browser, and
social, messaging and maps based mobile apps.

The designer will work in a highly collaborative environment with
visual interaction designers, user researchers, product managers and
developers.

You will translate business requirements into desirable user
experiences for mobile, communicated in user scenarios, use cases,
design wireframes and documented with specifications for successful
implementation.

You have a good appreciation of visual design principles reflected in
your UX design work. You will be highly proficient with Adobe
Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, and Visio or Omnigraffle.

Your work will be fast-paced and involve interworking with key
partners in Nokia offices from Bangalore to London. Good
communications and self-organisation skills are important. You will
need to work on multiple tasks with minimal supervision.

You need to understand the behaviours, needs and environment of mobile
users in emerging market countries and be ready to adjust your designs
according to research findings and service analytics. You will have
the chance to observe user studies and should be able to travel.

We need you to be passionate about user experience design and
tactfully persuasive in helping your team deliver great designs.

Requirements:

Essential requirements

* Significant professional experience designing shipping mobile
phone experiences.
* Portfolio of compelling interaction design work with examples of
design proposals, user scenarios, use cases, wireframes, UX
architectures and design specifications.
* Strong proficiency with Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign
and Visio or Omnigraffle. Good visual communications skills.
* Master's degree related to Interaction Design or Human-Computer
Interaction.
* Great collaboration and communications skills (verbal and
written english).
* Ability to travel internationally occasionally, for example to India.

Preferred

* Experience designing interactions for users from India, China,
or other BRICA markets.
* Experience designing and working with developers for mobile
ecosystems like Nokia series 40, 60, Meego, iOS or Android.
* Ability to prototype experiences using Flash, html, etc.
* Experience of working on agile development projects.

If you are interested to join our highly motivated team in Berlin send
us your application.

The chance to start an amazing career is waiting!!

Soeren Winter | Talent Acquisition Consultant | ext-soeren.winter AT nokia.com

If you would like to apply online, login to our career site and search
for the job number DES000000BG.

If you do not wish to receive further job posting notifications,
unsubscribe now. You can subscribe again later, while applying for a
position or reviewing your profile.

We thank you for your interest in Nokia.

Best regards,
Nokia Human Resources

Robson Santos, D.Sc.
Usability Mentor and User Experience Researcher
[+55 11] 8291 5235
http://interfaceando.com

  • [AI] Senior Interaction Designer / Mobile Location Based Services, Robson Santos, 04/30/2011