acawiki-general - Re: [acawiki-general] When articles have more than one summary...

acawiki-general AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: Mike Linksvayer <ml AT gondwanaland.com>
  • To: Jodi Schneider <jschneider AT pobox.com>
  • Cc: "AcaWiki general (listserv)" <acawiki-general AT lists.ibiblio.org>, Li-Ying Wang <liying15 AT uw.edu>, Gayoung Park <gayoungp AT uw.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [acawiki-general] When articles have more than one summary...
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2016 12:02:24 -0600

On Sun, Jul 24, 2016 at 8:03 AM, Jodi Schneider <jschneider AT pobox.com> wrote:
> Do we want to interlink between multiple summaries for the same article?
> Some articles have more than one summary:
> http://acawiki.org/Causality_in_Archaeological_Explanation
>
> http://acawiki.org/Causality_in_archaeological_explanation.
>
> (Here it may be in part due to punctuation/capitalization differences)

They should be merged.

We should have a template something like
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Merge to indicate this need,
but anyone should feel free to tackle without such a marker.

Nothing wrong with both of these being created. Pretty sure they were
both created for the same class. I can imagine creating a new summary
even where one exists being a useful activity, but ultimately goal
should be to have one summary for each academic document. If AcaWiki
or similar project were to get popular, would be good to have
guidelines around how people doing class assignments can most usefully
(for class and public) contribute.

Mike