acawiki-general - Re: [acawiki-general] Abuse Filter

acawiki-general AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: Mike Linksvayer <ml AT gondwanaland.com>
  • To: John Vandenberg <jayvdb AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: acawiki-general AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [acawiki-general] Abuse Filter
  • Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 00:50:38 -0800

On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 9:51 PM, John Vandenberg <jayvdb AT gmail.com> wrote:
> We should be able to set up an abuse filter to prevent most spam. I dont see
> that extension on acawiki.
>
> http://m.mediawiki.org/wiki/Abuse_filter

Yes, I've had decent results from not much investment in creating
rules on a few other small wikis. I'll get it installed, hopefully by
the end of the year. :)

I don't want to create more work for our unpaid and busy hosts -- by
the way, all who haven't see http://freebassel.org -- and may be on to
a long-term arrangement for hosting soon.

Mike