acawiki-general - Re: [acawiki-general] Encyclopedia of Original Research

acawiki-general AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: Daniel Mietchen <daniel.mietchen AT googlemail.com>
  • To: Mike Linksvayer <ml AT gondwanaland.com>
  • Cc: "AcaWiki general \(listserv\)" <acawiki-general AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [acawiki-general] Encyclopedia of Original Research
  • Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 12:37:38 +0100

Hi Mike,

the reason we refer to Beethoven is the quote from him on top of the
page: "There should be only one repository of art in the world, to
which the artist would donate his works in order to take what he would
need" (also featured in the video at
http://rockethub.com/projects/3755-transforming-the-way-we-publish-research
). For background on that quote, see
http://friendfeed.com/science-in-the-long-run/d123dbed/there-should-be-only-one-repository-of-art-in