acawiki-general - Re: [acawiki-general] Bugzilla confusions

acawiki-general AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: Reid Priedhorsky <reid AT reidster.net>
  • To: "AcaWiki general (listserv)" <acawiki-general AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: jschneider AT pobox.com
  • Subject: Re: [acawiki-general] Bugzilla confusions
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 17:31:25 -0400

On 5/25/11 11:20 AM, Jodi Schneider wrote:
On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 4:03 PM, Reid Priedhorsky<reid AT reidster.net> wrote:
What I was thinking was, there needs to be some connection between the
bug reports and the people who care and/or can do something about it. If
that connection is missing, the bug database is kind of a black hole.

+1

For example, if someone reports an AcaWiki bug that I could fix, right
now I have no opportunity to fix it because I don't know it exists. But
if all new bugs got subscribed to a mailing list (and this is actually
common, though I could certainly agree that acawiki-general isn't the
right list), I could find out about that opportunity easily.

Maybe an acawiki-bugs list would be best.

I personally don't know how to sign up for cc's on all Bugzilla bugs
that start in the AcaWiki component, but I do know how to sign up for a
mailing list.

However, if there *is* a way to cc for all Bugzilla bugs related to
AcaWiki, that would be worth trying. However, I've had trouble in the
past receiving email from the cc list of Bugzilla, because gmail
consistently archives that mail (site unseen) and I've never been able
to figure out why, or how to override that.

Meanwhile I feel lost from not knowing what bugs are getting reported
or fixed, especially when I could help with them.

-Jodi

CCing you, Reid, since I'm still not sure if my mail is going to the list...

It didn't; pushing it over there. Who's got admin access to this list? Can they please look into this?

Reid

--
I work for IBM, and sending this e-mail might be part of my job.
However, I speak for myself only, not the company.