[SM-Users] dev question

Bob LeBlanc ml at maineham.us
Mon Jul 24 23:23:05 EDT 2006

Hi,

I am new to the list, but been using linux since 1993.
I just installed sm on a spare box and chose to use static dev instead
of udev. I have had lots of trouble with udev in the past. Trying to
mount a usb thumbdrive on /dev/sda1 did not work and found it wanted
uba1 which there is no such dev in /dev.
My question is where can I get the dev, since I could not find a spell
of makedev. Anyone there can help me I would appreciate it.
Thanks in advance..

For a personal reply please use this address:
bob at melug-central.org

BoB

http://www.melug-central.org