[SM-Discuss] Sorcery 1.12 and you
afrayedknot at thefrayedknot.armory.com
Sun Mar 13 22:43:57 EST 2005
I (finally) finished all the sorcery 1.12 feature work. I plan to
integrate devel sorcery (1.12) into test in about 48 hours unless some
major bugs are found in devel (after fixing those bugs we'll restart
the 48 hour clock). The sorcery test branch will then become version
1.12.0-rc1. I'd like everyone who can to try out test sorcery and file
bugs if anything goes wrong. The usual cycle of new rc releases will
start as bugs are found/fixed. After going a sufficient amount of time
with no complaints, stable sorcery 1.12.0 will be released.
Theres a bunch of new stuff in this release that I'd really like to have
tested by a wider audience:
* tablet (the "installed grimoire"), if you dont know already, this is
the answer to storing more spell state information than was possible. This
helps us do certain things more intelligently.
* cleanse has a --tablet option
* resurrect was re-written, let me know if there are any problems with it
* new filter functions, in addition to excluded and protected there are
now "volatiles" and "configs" filter files. Volatile files are ignored
by cleanse's md5sum check. Config's are treated more carefully by dispel
and resurrect, config files aren't blatently replaced or removed if we
detect they are changed. Spell's can also have their own spell level
filters by just adding a file by the name of the filter to the spell
directory. The format has also changed to regexp.
* scribe has been cleaned up and almost entirely re-written
* support for gpg checking of sorcery and grimoire tarballs
* init and xinetd script handling has been re-written per bug 1817
And probably lots of other stuff im forgetting...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://lists.ibiblio.org/pipermail/sm-discuss/attachments/20050313/80964fb5/attachment.bin
More information about the SM-Discuss