[SM-Discuss] update on udev on /dev status

Eric Sandall eric at sandall.us
Wed Mar 3 18:11:51 EST 2004

Quoting Arwed von Merkatz <v.merkatz at gmx.net>:
> You don't need initrd, nothing my scripts to requires it, actually i
> haven't used an initrd since testing bootsplash stuff with 2.4 several
> months ago.

Ahh, I thought his problem was that he didn't have initrd, but it was probably
due to not recasting simpleinit-msb after modifying the spell and before
rebooting. :)

PGP Key Fingerprint:  FCFF 26A1 BE21 08F4 BB91  FAED 1D7B 7D74 A8EF DD61

Version: 3.12

Eric Sandall                     |  Source Mage GNU/Linux Developer
eric at sandall.us                  |  http://www.sourcemage.org/
http://eric.sandall.us/          |  SysAdmin @ Inst. Shock Physics @ WSU
http://counter.li.org/  #196285  |  http://www.shock.wsu.edu/