[SM-Discuss] split gcc spells

Paul dufflebunk at dufflebunk.homeip.net
Wed Jun 30 11:54:13 EDT 2004

We do gain the fact that when I decide to play with Objective C for a
few days, I don't have to wait a week for gcc to rebuild with the
compiler, and when I'm done, I dont' can remove the compiler I want.
Dito for gcj. Also, it helps pave the way for the future when we have
different classes of depends like compile time depends and runtime
depends.

Unn... have I even told you about that yet? It's been a long standing
occasional request on the "would be nice to have" list.