[permaculture] [OT] My Vision of the Future (now!)

Georg Parlow g.parlow at gmx.at
Fri Aug 5 03:58:48 EDT 2016

Lawrence,

I seem to have a history of phrasing my posts in a way that inveites you to misunderstand them.

Of course broadscale birthcontrol it is a great idea - but it is an idea, not a solution, because the only thing we can actually DO about this is refraining from having offspring ourselves (too late for me :-)). How can any of us start working on controlling billions of people’s propagation behaviour? When I say it is a pipe dream, I mean this is people sitting in a room (in front of their computers) talking about ideas they are unable to implement.

Same goes for redistribution of wealth - the community or Mondragon idea is great, and it is actually a solution because we can actually start doing steps in this direction (and are currently doing this). But this is about distributed creation of wealth, not about redistribution of (existing) wealth. To state that "redistribution of wealth" is "my starting point priority" is BS, unless I move my ass and actually start executing my priority - which is when it becomes obvious that I cannot do that. So it is a pipedream once again. Hot air about what others should do.