[permaculture] Permaculture recommendation for Deep Green Resistance

Bob Waldrop bob at bobwaldrop.net
Tue Jul 2 23:47:36 EDT 2013

I bought the book and am about half way through it.  The word
"permaculture" has only appeared once, but what followed thereafter was
nothing like anything I've ever read in the Design Manual or heard
people talking about around here. Maybe they get into more of a critique
later in the book, but from what I've read thus far, there's no evidence
of much info about permaculture.  The entire first half have been almost
totally dedicated to piling up the evidence that every other possible
way of dealing with the present situation is inadequate, inane, stupid,
narcisistic, counter-productive, or some combination.  It is really
heavy on the psychology.

My impression is that they want us to start blowing up power generation
stations, oil wells, and etc. in order to set a "quick crash" in motion
that will inevitably kill of a large portion of the population.  This
they seem to think is the only chance the biosphere has.  Boy I bet the
NSA surveillance system will like THIS email, lol.

I have thought a lot about what would happen if we did experience a
quick crash, and everything I can see points to that event being as
catastrophic for the planet as it would be for the human species.  If we
go down catastrophically, we are likely to take the biosphere down with
us much more thoroughly than we are doing now.  Nukes, followed by a
nuclear winter, for example.

I get the need to resist, I chained myself to a Keystone Pipeline
construction site earlier in May and was arrested as part of the Great
Plains Tar Sands Resistance campaign against the pipeline and the
Albertan tar sands ecocide.  But identifying resistance with destruction
of the energy production and distribution infrastructure and thus
triggering Dieoff seems more like suicide than resistance.

Bob Waldrop, Oklahoma City
http://www.ipermie.net -- How to permaculture your urban lifestyle