[permaculture] EcoLandTech wiki

Steve Bonney steve at sustainableearth.net
Fri Jan 6 22:57:29 EST 2012

On 1/7/2011 12:55 PM, Lawrence F. London, Jr. wrote:
> My main interest is what I call EcoLandTech, i.e. permaculture,
> biointensive regenerative agriculture, ecological land use and human
> habitat and community building. For a long time I have been interested
> in developing a digital information-sharing network for the global
> community interested in these things. Part of this involves creating a
> databse (MySQL/php), a wiki (using MediaWiki and Semantic MediaWiki,
> blogs, mailing lists, webforums, bookmark sharing resources (Diigo),
> ftp, an assortment of integrated Google resources and websites. People
> creating digital media (images, video, audio, text, pdf, html, etc)
> could export their work into any or all of these web-based,
> interactive, publically accessable, resources to stimulate and develop
> an ongoing long term collaboration of people from all over the world,
> empowering them and stabilizing their lives and helping to build
> community.
Lawrence,

I share your main interest of EcoLandTech and think that a wiki would be
a good method to consolidate the extensive experiential knowledge of
subscribers on this and other internet lists. What are your thoughts
about this one year after you posted the above?

Steve
Field and Forest Eco-Farm
Indiana USA

--