[permaculture] Local Food Networks | Was: Dacha Movement: History and Effects In Russia

venaurafarm venaurafarm at bellsouth.net
Thu Aug 9 23:03:29 EDT 2012

On 8/9/2012 10:48 PM, Cory Brennan wrote:
> It's a good idea. Some people have done some of this, or are in the
> process:
>
> http://www.sfgate.com/technology/article/Tech-firm-Good-Eggs-focuses-on-local-foods-3735266.php
>

> localharvest.org
>
> We use local harvest in our area and it works well. We're creating
> our own local database though that is more robust and will offer
> stuff like free mulch, organic waste stream, rainwater catchment,
> etc. Everything linked urban food growing/processing/distribution.
>
> Koreen Brennan
>
> www.growpermaculture.com
> www.meetup.com/sustainable-urban-agriculture-coalition
> www.meetup.com/createclearwater

Excellent! That is what needs to be done, nationally.
An everything exchange system, through the network
providing goods and or income for everyone involved.

I keep thinking I would like to sink my teeth into developing the online
resources for a national network. Talk about mobile apps! That too
though I have no interest in accessing the Web through a cellphone;
laptop and mini netbook, yes. It would be challenging enough to
replicate what you've done with your database of local resources plus a
local producer/customer network, with food at its core.

Thanks for the input.

LL