[permaculture] Biochar is part of a LOCAL solution

John D'hondt dhondt at eircom.net
Wed Nov 16 18:33:26 EST 2011

I like this but still think that charcoal burning is detrimental if we want
to stop climate change. We produce 20 times more CO2 while making charcoal
than we ever sequester whatever system we use. These days forest are already
disappearing to make charcoal and that is madness. Stopping burning fossil
fuels would be the only sure way combined with stopping deforestation. If
you want to sequester carbon then plant trees and shrubs, increase biomass.
(= living-mass)
That is permaculture or not?
john