[permaculture] Beekeeping, naturally.

Lawrence F. London, Jr. venaurafarm at bellsouth.net
Sat Nov 5 01:41:16 EDT 2011

-------- Original Message --------
Date: 	Thu, 3 Nov 2011 19:44:54 +0000 (GMT)
From: 	Athanasios Razis <athanasiosrazis at yahoo.gr>
To: 	fukuoka_farming at yahoogroups.com

If anyone is interested in true natural Bee keeping here is a link for a
  yahoo group that practices that.

Organicbeekeepers at yahoogroups.com
<mailto:Organicbeekeepers%40yahoogroups.com>

Here is also the site of a member that has most on the information on
line for free: http://www.bushfarms.com/beesnaturalcell.htm

The main concept for no treatment of the bees is to only feed them honey
and natural pollen as well as to regress their size to 4.9 mm (now bees
are much bigger). It is a quite simple concept but needs some effort at
the beginning.

There are members that have not treated their hives with nothing (not
even natural substances i.e. EO) for decades.

I have no personal experience but i will be starting this spring
(March). I found out from a friend of mine who has about 300+ hives in
Canary islands.

Here is his site that has a lot of information:
http://www.lapalmamiel.com/a/study.pdf

as well as an article about cell size:
http://www.lapalmamiel.com/a/study.pdf

Kind regards
Thanos

"Every passing moment is a chance to turn it all around." Vanilla Sky