[permaculture] Aquaponics + Biogas + Green Business = Food & Energy Independence

aquaponicfarm at gmail.com aquaponicfarm at gmail.com
Tue May 3 17:37:28 EDT 2011

Out setups use only one pump. Water is gravity fed to grow beds and gravity back to fish tank.

The pump used can be wind powered as easily as electric.

With low density fish you could use human powered by dumping buckets of fish water a couple times a day into grow beds.

Hook it up to a sea saw for kids to pump the water.

Smaller systems for family use instead of large commercial systems are more sustainable in my thoughts.

We teach a section on aquaponics as part of the PDC course we teach but it is a element not the final answer.

Gloria